Simple answer…You only have to go a little bit GREEN to get in on the action.
Just like most everyone (Irish and non-Irish) get in on the St. Patrick’s Day celebration by wearing something/anything green, the SBA allows business owners to get in on some excellent commercial financing by also going a little bit “Green.”
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya…”Let me ‘splain…no, there is too much, let me sum up.”
The SBA 504 is “hands down” the best commercial financing available in the current credit environment and if you go a little green by either cutting your energy costs or using or producing green or renewable energy than you may be able to borrow upwards of $12 million to build, acquire, renovate, remodel or refinance a commercial property.
I realize “hands down the best…” is quite a bold statement, but it is true. The SBA 504 program offers so many benefits for small and (especially) mid-size companies that it would be a shame if you were in the market for a commercial loan and didn’t consider it.
Here are the major highlights:
1. 10% down or 10% equity for most projects
2. Very low rates
3. It is a “one and done” deal. The loans are fully amortized long term – 20 to 25 years – and there are no balloons, calls, refinancing (or refinancing costs) to worry about later.
4. Loan amounts upwards of $10 million
5. Net (after tax) income of business can be up to $3 million averaged over 2 years
6. Most SBA loan fees are waived through the end of 2009 (possibly longer).
7. If you go green you will be cutting your energy costs, helping the planet, getting some great tax deductions for your business and getting some good PR.
Please visit our main site via this link for a more in depth discussion: SBA 504 and…Go A Little Green!